A MODERN APPROACH TO AN ANCIENT EXPERIENCE
Next group session:
Coming Spring 2015
When you change the way you view birth, how you birth will change - Marie Mongan
Get the focused mentoring you need to feel confident in your HypnoBirthing® practice.
I teach the original HypnoBirthing® method developed by Marie Mongan which is relaxed, naturally focused childbirth education. It is a comprehensive childbirth course teaching specific techniques to access your instinctual birthing body which knows how to birth safely and gently. Your partner will also learn how to support you through labour. HypnoBirthing does not promise that your birth will be pain free, but approximately 70% of women using HypnoBirthing experience what they describe as a comfortable birth. HypnoBirthing can be used anywhere you choose to birth; in a hospital, birth center or in your home.
While your body does possess the intuition to birth this way, understanding our modern and local birth culture, customs and care is key to your success. This series covers all original course material as well as offering additional techniques to insure you are confident using HypnoBirthing® through your labour in the venue you've chosen here in Southern Maine.
Birth with calm confidence.
What is self-hypnosis and how is it used in labour?
All hypnosis is self-hypnosis. Have you ever been deeply engrossed in a book or movie and "tuned out" someone's voice or the phone's ring? Have you ever left work and upon arriving home realized you don't remember the drive? Then you have experienced self-hypnosis. It's actually something our minds naturally do every day, throughout the day. Daydreaming is a perfect example of self-hypnosis. Your subconscious will not allow your body to do anything in hypnosis that it doesn't want to do.
Hypnosis requires voluntary consent from any participant. When you use hypnosis in labour you are awake and completely in control of your body. You will be able to speak and move as you choose and will be fully present as you welcome your child into the world. You are simply in a state of deep relaxation which allows your birthing body to work without tension or fear.
This course is an investment in yourself, your baby and your family. The relaxation techniques learned, to prepare you for labour and birth, will benefit you for a lifetime. This is not a class to merely "get you through labour". You and your partner will call upon these skills again and again as you journey through parenthood.
The investment for a group session is $250 per couple.
HypnoBirthing 4 Week Series
Private sessions can be booked to accommodate your unique schedule and circumstances, please contact me for details.
Some insurance providers cover childbirth education. Contact your provider to inquire.
Classes are held at
101 State St
All class fees include the HypnoBirthing® – The Mongan Method book and a copy of the rainbow relaxation CD for home practice.
* Your own copy of the 302-page book, HypnoBirthing– The Mongan Method
* 4 information-packed class meetings, helping you to understand why labor doesn’t have to hurt
* 5 professionally written scripts for home practice
* 2 CDs for your relaxation, stress reduction, and bonding (Including the program cornerstone disk, Rainbow Relaxation)
* Handouts for planning your Birth Preferences
* A set of birth prompts for your birth companion
* Demonstration and practice in optimal birth positions
* A hypnotic session in building birth confidence and eliminating fears
* A Guide to good pregnancy nutrition
* Several deep relaxation techniques for use during birth
* Well-paced instruction designed to build your confidence and help you to have a safer, easier, and more comfortable birth
* Special calm breathing methods for use throughout labor and during birthing
Register now to secure your place in the Spring session!